Virus Scan failed / Removed file due to virus
"File contained a virus and was deleted" (Internet Explorer)
"Virus Scan Failed" (Chrome)
CauseThis can be caused by a couple of things:
1) A rootkit called ZeroAccess, or similar rootkits cause these errors.
2) Recently changing antivirus from AVG/McAfee, or similar
3) Internet Settings corruption
Fix 1WARNING: Any fixes done in this section can seriously damage your computer if you don't know what you're doing, Onsite2u recommends you let a professional fix the problem if you feel uncomfortable messing around with the system registry.
1) Go to the start menu
2) Click "Run"
3) Enter regedit
4) In the navigation pane, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments\
5) Change this value (double click ScanWithAntiVirus) to 1
6) Download TDSSkiller
7) Run the program
8) Restart if prompted to
Method 2 : Change Internet Explorer security settings
It is possible to change Windows Internet Explorer security settings. The following is how:
- Start Internet Explorer by clicking on the Start button . Inside the search box, type Internet Explorer, and after that, inside the report on results, click on Internet Explorer.
- Click on the Tools button , and after that click on Internet options.Click on theSecurity tab, and after that perform a number of the following below steps:
- To modify configuration settings for your security zone, click on the zone icon, and after that slowly move the slider on the security level that you’d like for this zone.
- To make your individual security settings to get a zone, click on the zone icon, and after that click on Custom level.
In order to Restore all security levels recommended to their initial configuration settings, click on the Reset all zones to default level button.
That’s it, Check your downloading. If you still won’t download then follow the method 3
Method 3 : Rename AVG dll files
- Go to C Drive –>> Program files –>> AVG –>>AVG (Version 7 ,8,10 ) and find following file avgoff2k.dll
- c:\program files\AVG\AVG10\avgoff2kx.dll
- Rename this file “avgoff2k.dll” to “avgoff2k.old”
- Go to C Drive –>> Programdata –>> MFAdata –>>SelfUPD and find following fileavgoff2kx.dll
- Rename this file “avgoff2kx.dll” to “avgoff2kx.old”
- Now Restart Google chrome (it must be downloading now)
That’s it, Check your downloading. If you still won’t download then follow the method 4
Method 4 : Uninstall AVG Antivirus
Uninstall AVG Antivirus, because may be have some problem in AVG dll files
You should use their removal tool to uninstall any antivirus
Download >> AVG uninstall tool 32bit (if you are able to download from Google chrome)
Download >> AVG uninstall tool 64bit (if you are able to download from Google chrome)
Direct Link of AVG Uninstall Tools page:http://www.avg.com/in-en/utilities
In The Case This Does Not WorkContact our tech support team on 1800 657 480
Was this answer helpful?
Please follow these steps to remove AVG and then install ESET - NOD32First we need to uninstall...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution